[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Front Entry Windows – Problem Solved!

My husband and I are loving the season of longer daylight hours, but there is one thing that irritates us with the return of nice sunshine. Around 5:00pm everyday, we get this bright, glaring light that shines through our front entry windows, and it reflects off our shiny wood floors, and it goes right into the side of our eyes as we sit on the couch to watch tv. It's not exactly a fun moment. It only lasts for a half hour as the sun begins to set for the day. This event happened last year, too, but we figured we would resolve it this year since we were so busy last year with moving in, buying furniture and having a wedding.

I didn't want to put window fabric up, it didn't fit our style. I would've loved actual frosted glass vs. the existing window, but these were already installed. We weren't trying to buy a whole new window. And I didn't want to deal with chemicals to frost it myself. So the next best solution was adhesive window film!


Emma Jeffs Adhesive Window Film has several designs, and we chose the most contemporary one, the Orba design, featured here. It's very easy to install. You just need a spray bottle, a blade and burnishing tool. The windows look brand new and the design is fun! It still allows daylight in, but not as intense as before. And it does add extra privacy compared to before. However, I was use to looking at people walk up through our window, but no longer.

I bought the decorative window film on 2Jane, a site full of modern home good products. They are having a 20% promotional sale with the code: 2NEW. The promotion was suppose to expire March 16th, but it currently still works since I just used it to buy my window film. Try it for yourself and save some money if you are shopping on their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment