[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Design w/Chon: My Travelscape Logo & Identity

My work life lately...
I have been up to a lot of good design projects lately for people that I know, and I am glad to help these people in their future businesses. A big step in starting any new business is your logo. It's a huge thing considering it's one of the first things that individuals will see to represent your business. And let's not forget, a logo design also gives a first impression to the personality of your company, and of course, you want the logo to be inviting.

This first project I am revealing to you today is for my sister-in-law, Nisha, and her new business venture, My Travelscape. She recently just started her new boutique travel agency that focuses on personalization & true customization of vacation packages to suit your lifestyle and taste. She does all the research to the latest trends in travel destinations & cuisine and truly offers top quality service. She'll give you more attention to your travel needs versus your major travel search engines like Expedia and Orbitz. From her own travel experiences, she'll tell you about the best mom & pop pizza shop in Italy that isn't your mainstream restaurant. And she is there with you every step of the way from the time you board the plane to your destination, til when you return, and set foot in your home. Who wouldn't want that from their travel agent?

Business card (front/back):
Now let's get into the design. For her logo, she wanted something fun, definitely not conventional, modern, and of course, something that communicates travel. I presented her with 3 ideas, and this seemed to be the clear winner amongst everyone, and it was my recommendation, too. The word "my" has the handwritten personal touch of her services and the simplified plane icon is cute and memorable. And to accompany it, I created a custom pattern with icons that touches on different points of travel from conventional to the unconventional – plane, a cruise boat/yacht, hot air balloon, and a scooter (on the iPhone case). On the reverse side of the business card, I thought a tag line would help define the business to her audience – "your customized escape to the world". Nisha truly wants to provide her clients with an escape to a world of relaxation & exploration, and away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

All of her materials (business card, stationery & direct mail) are on press right now and should hopefully be done printing in the next week or so. I can't wait to see the final product. Once I get it, I will post the final product for everyone to see. The printed product is always so much better looking.

One great thing about creating a custom pattern, it helps with building up your brand image. As you can see, I applied the design to the iPhone case, and it's being printed as we speak, too!

Custom iPhone Case (back-side):
{Logo & Identity System designed by Chon}

If anyone out there needs a custom designed iPhone for yourself, or your business, email me at designwithchon@gmail.com! Also, if you're interested to explore Nisha's services, you can email her at mytravelscape@gmail.com, or give her a call today at 630.504.3016. Don't bother with her website yet, it's currently being built.

Stay tuned for my next logo design for another start-up business. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment