[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Design w/Chon: "Princess" Birthday Invitation

This past weekend I finished designing a 1 yr. old birthday party invite, and I had a lot of fun embellishing the heck out of it. :) The client/mother only gave me the word "princess" for the invite, and as soon as I thought of crown/tiara for the graphic visual, I ran with the design, and it all came together.

I love strong typography on any design, because it always feels more unique and very personal for the person it is intended for. The soon to be 1 yr. old birthday girl is Shraya, and to her parents, she is their little princess. I created a cartoonish, yet elegant stylized crown with the #1 incorporated into the design. I then embellished the crown with real, tangible rhinestones which makes the invite card feel even more special and precious just like their daughter, Shraya.

There was a total of 35 cards and probably 5-6 different rhinestone arrangements on the crown, and they were sealed in a metallic silver A6 envelope.



Also, as a gift to remember their daughter's 1st birthday, I framed her name as art that will adorn her room. As you can see, I bedazzled the heck out of her name to make it even more girlie.

When individuals come to me for an invite design, I view and take on his/her invite as an artistic project, and it becomes very personal to me. And I hope as well, it becomes very personal to my client too and appreciate the artistry that goes into it. There is always a reason for every detail and placement that occurs in my design... it's what I do :)


{Invitation & Art designed by Chon}

No comments:

Post a Comment