[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Dining Room – Frame Collage

This frame collage project has actually been on our walls since December 2009. That's how slow I have been to get to this post. Oops. I have been distracted by wedding posts and everyday work. :)

To see the before living room space, click here. This eclectic mix of frames is a work in progress. It's going to be a huge display of family and cherished moments. This is just the beginning; things will be added as time goes on.

My dining room is my favorite room in the house even though it's the space that we least spend time in. Too funny, I think. I love the dark walls with the contrast of clean, white. I love arrangements that aren't uniform, cookie-cutter, but unique to me. That's why it's my fave space; it reflects my personality.

Try it in your home – modern & vintage frames, fat & skinny and different tones collaged together in a nice composition. There is an art to this, and it can be technically difficult. Read this older post – How to Hang Art. In short, you want to imagine an invisible line going through the center (left to right) of this particular composition and balance the frames above & below the imaginary line. If you need pointers, I am only an email away.



No comments:

Post a Comment