[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Featured Photography: Carla Ten Eyck

This morning I was reviewing another photographer that I wanted to showcase, and then I changed my mind as soon as I started looking through Carla Ten Eyck's database of wedding photos. She had a huge selection of shots that were mesmerizing, and I am excited to share it with you guys this morning to end our week. I normally narrow it down to 5-6 photos, but I couldn't as you can see. They are all good!

Her visual eye to capture moments and think of innovative compositions such as a bridal veil blowing dramatically in the wind makes me wish I had a veil for my wedding so I could have some cool shots like these. I didn't wear a veil, because I felt it was too traditional for me. Plus, I wanted to show off my huge yellow flowers in my hair. :)




Her black and white images are beautiful especially with those bold bursts of light seen below. I hope you all know those starry rays of light aren't truly perfect like that. It's a post production addition we do on the computer, but it works and the contrast is nice.





{Images are from CarlaTenEyck.com}

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for featuring Carla and her team on your site! We are so flattered!! :)

    Just to clarify, the lights you see in the black and white dancing shots are actually physical lights that were set up on the dance floor! And believe it or not, they are that perfect! When you stop down to about f5.6 or so, lights gain a starburst effect exactly like you see in the photo. The only post processing done on that image is the black and white effect! So pretty, right?!

    Thanks again!!

    Kindly,

    Katie Slater
    Team Photographer | Carla Ten Eyck Photography
    carlateneyck.com
    katie@carlateneyck.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes "wow" on the Flash/Starburst effect. I learned something new today. Thanks for the correction, and if you would ever like me to share any new work from your team, send an email my way. :)

    ReplyDelete