[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cake Topper Ideas

Busy, busy and that's why I am a little behind this week on posts, but I promised to myself to always squeeze at least 2 posts in every week. And I haven't failed yet! Here are some cute, personalized cake topper ideas for your wedding, or special event.

Personalized Bride & Groom cake topper – the Concarta Shop on Etsy.com produces truly custom cake toppers starting at $100. Obviously, the prices vary according to the level of detail that you are seeking for the clothing and accessories. Wedding dresses, tuxes, floral and the skin & hair can be matched to fit your personal style. Contact the Concarta Shop to get your quote today.



Customized Love cake topper – 4"x4" in size, handmade, and it can be customized to match any color, comes in a gloss or matte finish. Customized Love toppers are $75 (no shipping charges). Contact the Blue Butterfly Design Shop on Etsy.com to order yours, and check out the full shop to see the variety of customized toppers that is offered, too.


For my wedding, I went with and designed a totally custom cake topper that matched my wedding invite exactly. I took the typography of our names, created an art file, and worked with a custom letter fabricator to cut the design out of an aluminum sheet. Also, the fabricator fused two prongs to the bottom of the topper so it would prop up correctly on the cake. And of course, I spray painted the topper to get that pop of yellow on my white 3-tiered cake. They did an awesome job with the cutting of my design.

If you are looking for a totally custom cake topper like this, I can create one for you. Email me at designwithchon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment