[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our Dining Room – Before & After

A break from wedding stuff today. It's all about home decor. I finally got my new dining chairs so our dining room is practically complete, aside from the lack of wall art. To see the huge transformation, here are the BEFORE pics of the dining room from the previous owners – very traditional.

And the AFTER pics with all new paint, lighting fixture, drapery and furniture. It looks like a totally different room. I wanted a chic dining room with some drama. The drama comes from the bold, dark teal blue wall paint and the heavy, grey velvet drapes that hang from the ceiling to the floor. The chicness is brought out by the clean, graphic white & metal elements such as the hanging lamp fixture and the dining chairs.

I love my new retro dining chairs! I have been eyeing these forever. I just had to convince my hubbie that they would look great with the ebony-stained bamboo dining table. He's not all about the mix'n matching thing. And I can't stand the whole cookie cutter look where everything looks the same. Well it turns out, after I said trust me on this, he really likes the end product after all. I have to say it, the woman was right. ;)

HOW TO GET THIS ROOM:
  1. Kyoto Kona Dining Table (seats up to 10 w/leaf) - Crate & Barrel
  2. Ventura Hanging Lamp - ZGallerie
  3. White Side Chairs - Chairs 1000
  4. Grey Velvet Curtains - Anthropologie
  5. Metallic Herringbone Place Mats - Crate & Barrel
  6. Anya Candleholders - Crate & Barrel
  7. White Ribbed Vases - Michaels
  8. White Bud Vases (Discontinued) - Pier 1 Imports
  9. Paint #6503 Bosporus - Sherwin Williams Paints

No comments:

Post a Comment