[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Make a Hair Statement – Part I

Who doesn't love chunky flowers in their hair? I know I do. For my wedding day, I had two big bright yellow roses in my tusseled, bun-like hairstyle. Don't they look real? Everyone thought so. Well, they aren't.

I wanted real flowers in my hair, but I didn't want to them to fall out, wilt or die by the end of the night. For my solution, I bought these two artificial-looking roses. They looked and felt pretty real too. I actually bought them in white and dyed them yellow myself. I wouldn't recommend you doing this yourself unless you know what you are doing. The glue that holds the petals together comes apart in the hot, boiling water. I had to do a little touch up work with the handy hot glue gun. ;)

If interested in these fantastic florals, they are on Etsy.com and are being sold by Mikiye Creations. I highly recommend her product! The flowers are pretty, darn realistic.

{Images from ©2009 Mikiye Creations}

No comments:

Post a Comment