[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brocade Me Up, Please

These days you don't see too many people wear, or furnish their homes with the brocade pattern. One may think it's dated, or for the older generation – I think not. Yes, the brocade design has gone in and out of style for fashion and home decor, but in my eyes, I think it will always be a timeless pattern that never goes out of style. All I know is when I see a woman with a brocade jacket, dress, or pencil length skirt walking in the city streets, my eyes can't help but follow. The richly, woven fabric exudes a regal status, and it always catches my attention.

Traditionally, brocade patterns display a selection of flowers, plants and other natural images.
Let's see how they are beautifully used in these dresses. Certainly, I wouldn't mind wearing one of these dresses at a wedding function with either gold or silver pumps.

Charcoal Metallic Leaf Motif Dress and Silver Brocade Pleat Neck Dress by Vera Wang

And the Rose Brocade gown is just stunning. It would look so good with a red flower in the hair and gold chandelier earrings. Rosewood Rose Brocade Strapless Gown by Amsale

{Images from BlueFly.com}

Now for home decor. I am just going ga-ga for Brocade Home. I am in love with all their brocade products from wallpaper to the architectural furniture details. Even with their minimal color palettes, every room feels high-end, and I love it! It makes me want to re-do my master bedroom. If only my home were bigger with a few more rooms to decorate. :)

{Images from BrocadeHome.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment