[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Decorative Area Rugs - Part I

Sometimes, I think area rugs are an afterthought. Have you ever been in the situation where you try to find the area rug that fits your living or dining area? And it's the hardest thing to find. Why not start out with the rug first and let the rest of the room follow or inspire the remaining design of the room.

These particular rugs that I have selected below have either green, blue or neutral gray tones that I am seeking for someone personally. I want texture and interest for the living room rug which will add a nice visual layer as we build the other decor elements in the room. These rugs featured are some of my favorites that I have chosen from Spacify.com.

The rug set below has a very Appalachian, topographical map feel which is very intriguing and abstract at the same time.

After looking at all these rugs, I am even thinking of replacing my current living room rug. Some of these rugs would look really nice in our space. :)

{Images from Spacify.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment