[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Design w/Chon: "Cupcake" Birthday Invitation

The next couple of posts are on a few designs that I have worked on lately. This birthday invite design is obviously dedicated to my niece, Alina, who is turning one this June. Her mom wanted the invite to be centered around a cupcake with the #1 on top of it along with a few other elements – 2 main colors (magenta & green turquoise), polka dots, and somehow to incorporate the outdoors since the event is at a park.

This is a lot of elements for a 1-sided invite, but I think I accomplished all the necessities while still keeping a cute, girlie theme. As you can see, I went all out with the polka dots all in various sizes from the #1 candle to the bold patterned background. The main focus is on the cupcake and polka dots, and I didn't want to add too much more without over designing, or cluttering the space with another huge element to represent the outdoors. Instead, I added a cute little pink ladybug flying around the space to suggest the outdoor environment. I think that was the extra little icing on the cupcake. :)




{Invitation designed by Chon}

No comments:

Post a Comment