[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Best Fashion at your Fingertips

This past week I was on the hunt for a long evening gown for a black tie formal event that I was attending with my husband. And from my past experiences, I have always had a hard time shopping for dresses due to the crappy selections in the retail store, or the price was just too outrageous. Obviously, I was looking for a dress that reflected my personality & taste, and that's hard enough to fulfill sometimes. I would've visited over 5 stores before I found a dress, and it didn't mean I loved it. I just needed something to get by.

Well these days, my shopping habits have changed, and I am all about online shopping. With the internet, you have access to brands from all over the world, and you can easily price compare. There are so many online promotions for free shipping & returns, and you can even "google" coupons to see if there is a discount. The world wide web has made my life so much easier, and my fashion sense has much improved, too.

Now let's get to the point of this post. As I was browsing the web for a gown, I found some of the best designer cocktail dresses on Net-a-Porter.com. I knew of this site before, but never really took the time to scan their pages until now. And can I say... OMG... there are some to-die-for dresses that will have you girls drooling. Net-a-Porter.com gives you access to some of the top designers, and their prices are quite reasonable if you think about it. These are just a few names that you have access to on Net-a-Porter.com – Roberto Cavalli, Marchesa, Valentino and Donna Karan. Yes, with these designer names there are dresses that are over $1000 plus, but there are tons that are below a $1000, too!

And of course, I had to pick some of my fave dresses and showcase them for you today. I would've bought any of these dresses for my black tie affair in a heartbeat, but sadly they didn't have any evening gowns that fit my criteria. :( Anyway, how HOT are these dresses?! I especially love the first one. All dresses seen here are below $700.

Zimmermann - Nightshade sequined dress

Tory Burch - Oleander beaded satin dress

Max Azria - Ruffle silk mini dress

Alice + Olivia - Sequined silk-georgette dress

Haute Hippie - Sequined silk mini dress
{Images are from Net-A-Porter.com}

Net-a-Porter.com has a great selection of shoes, bags and accessories too. I will have to highlight their accessories on another post. This one is already way too long in copy.

Oh, and if you were wondering, my formal gown for the fancy gala dinner was from Nordstrom's. I ended up buying 3 dresses online at Nordstrom.com knowing I would only keep one, and return the other two, and I received free shipping. It was the easiest shopping experience ever, and I felt absolutely wonderful in my dress. See my husband and I below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment