[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Retouching Photos – My Thai Grandparents

For some reason, I like to retouch old photos. It's one of my many random skills that I have under my belt. It seems like a pretty mundane task and probably not that interesting, but I like the challenge of bringing old photos back to life after years of wear and tear.

These portrait shots below are images of my Thai grandparents on my mom's side. Based on when my mom was born, I believe these images were taken back in the late 1940's, or early 50's. As you can see, both pics have a lot of damage from water stains, tears, yellowing of the paper, and loss of image in some areas.

~Before~
~After~
After several hours in one of my favorite programs, Adobe Photoshop, the images are back to their original state. My sister and I are going to get these images professionally re-framed for my mom as a present to her for Christmas this year.

If anyone out there needs a hand in bringing old photos back to life for a loved one, I am a very good resource to get it done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment