[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Design w/Chon: Baby Shower II

For this next baby shower, my other pregnant girlfriend, Mira, had several ideas on what she wanted for her invite. Something naturesque, possibly include her favorite color – celery green, and she wanted to do something with sunflowers. In addition, she was having a baby boy, but didn't want it to scream "baby blue" everywhere. And this is where I ended up for the invite and colors. There are three dominant colors: baby blue, sunny yellow and celery green.

As always, I had to add my own personal twist to the invite by adding some fun, cute verbiage to tie all the elements together. And this is how it goes, "Once upon a time, we were told a story about the Birds and the Bees, but this October eighteenth, we get to celebrate one of nature's acts come to life for Mira and Kapil."

(Invitation designed by Chon}

One thing that I love to do in my designs is create custom patterns that are unique and fitting for each event. And with this particular design, the birds and the bees are great graphic elements that allow me to carry the shower theme into the table centerpieces. As you can see, I took the birds and the bees and made a whimsical pattern that wraps around each glass cylinder vase. I also added celery green ribbon to help break up the mass of blue.

For the cardholder vs. using a wrapped box, it only seemed fitting to use my birdcage holder since we had a nature theme going. I hand wrapped the top of the birdcage with two different kinds of celery green ribbons.

And the final, but grand touch to the table centerpieces were the sunny and bright sunflowers. I just love the contrast of the bold, yellow sunflower against the pattern on the vase. We specially ordered the glass cylinder vases in bulk and the sunflowers from wholesale vendors online to make the most of the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment