[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Monday, October 19, 2009

My Wedding Design & Decor: Part I

It has been a long, long time since my last post. My schedule has been overwhelming lately with work, life and baby shower planning that I can't seem to get myself to make any blog posts. I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel, and I am seeing more free time in my schedule. Well to get things back on track and my mind back on Design and Decor, I thought I should a recap of my wedding design. I have been meaning to do this for awhile so everyone can learn the source of my finds in planning my day. :)

First, let's recap the color and theme of my wedding. Since it was a June wedding, I wanted a sunny, intense yellow and the blue hue of the sky to be the visual focus of everything for my day. Also, I wanted the day to visually summarize into these words: Classic, Rustic and simply Fun.

The traditional white, lace, and the bronze/gold hues represents Classiness. The Rustic appeal comes through with natural, outdoor elements – the twig branch, bird and grey tones. And what makes it Fun is the untraditional use of these intense, summer colors of yellow and cyan together. No pink hues here.

No comments:

Post a Comment