[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Design w/Chon: Self-Promotion

One of the hard things for me to do is set aside time to promote my business and that is huge since that is one key way to get new business beyond referrals. I have been trying to design a brochure that highlights all of my design assets for months now, but it has been neglected. I did accomplish designing and printing my business cards months ago, thank goodness.

Well, recently since I worked on a few projects for the launch of the Hasana representing a luxury, lifestyle brand with great accessories and handbag designs for the fun, classic and feminine girl, I had to create a quick promotional piece that was going into gift bags for customers that attended the preview party. And in this quick turnaround time, the promotional brochure that I created for their launch party might actually end up being something that I get massed produced since I got great feedback from it. One thing down and one more to go. Now, I need to tackle a revamp of my website so it's more beneficial to me and prospective clients.

For my promotional leave-behinds, I wanted it to be sleek, simple and memorable, along with communicating my range of design skills. I bought 4 x 4 x 2 black pin-striped boxes, and enclosed it with personalized gourmet, dark chocolate covered almonds dusted with cocoa powder, my tri-fold promotional brochure, and sealed with a hot, magenta ribbon and my business card. Everyone thought it was a perfect, understated, and they loved the scrumptious, edible treat. :)

If anyone out there needs help with self-promotions, or even favor ideas for special events, I can certainly help you personalize it so it will be all you.






{Business Card, Promotional Brochure & Favor Box designed by Chon}

No comments:

Post a Comment