[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TJ Maxx Home Goods - the Best Finds Ever!

I was walking through TJ Maxx Home Goods last week just to quickly buy a lamp for my master bedroom nightstand, and I happened to spot a chair that was practically identical to a chair at Crate and Barrel that I had on my wishlist to buy for my master bedroom.

Directly below is the Ankara Chair from Crate and Barrel and following that is the chair that I found at TJ Maxx Home Goods. They are a pretty close match other than the upholstered fabric on the seat cushion, the base that holds the cushion up is a different material, and the back legs lean out slightly. But other than that, at first glance, you would think it's the exact same chair other than the price difference! The Ankara Chair from Crate and Barrel is decently priced at $699 and the TJ Maxx look-alike was a steal for $299. ;)

Since I was so excited to discover my Ankara look-alike chair, I went hunting for more good finds. And that's when I came across this classic, off-white leather wing chair in a black wood framed structure on sale for $199 from $250.00 which is still low in cost. A chair like this would normally retail between $700.00 - 1000.00 at regular marked-up home stores. I knew it was a steal so I had to get it; plus I did needed it for my main living room, and my husband always wanted a leather chair. It satisfied both of our needs.

Of course, I didn't stop there. Ha. :) I continued on and right next to the off-white leather chair was this 2-drawer solid wood filing cabinet also on sale for $150.00 from $199. We needed one for the newly renovated home office. Notice the bright orange table lamp, well that's also from TJ Maxx Home Goods. They have a very good collection of designer lamps.

So my advice for everyone is to walk into your local TJ Maxx Home Goods store every so often, because you will never know what you will find. Sometimes you don't need to buy those high-priced pieces from the marked-up home retail stores. You will probably find something equally the same, or even better for half the costs. I am living proof of it! You just need to be patient and take the time to do so. Good luck with your finds, and send me pics if you have discovered something that you love!

5 comments:

  1. I too have been looking at this chair at C&B, but would like to pick it up at Home Goods. I called them, and short of driving to every store in my area to see if they have it in stock, one of their associates suggested I get the style and department number, which would speed up the process. If you could pass that information along with the name/maker of the chair it would help out immensely.

    Best regards,

    Meiers
    tambeau4758@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the exact chair and picked it up. Nice to find an affordable version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I googled this chair and came across your post. I too went looking for lamps at home goods and found that exact same chair. After eyeing it at C&B I couldn't pass it up. Whats best, I also found the Restoration Hardware coffee table cart for 500!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Jose! Yep you just have to take the time to browse a little in TJ Maxx and you can find some real gems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chon! I love this chair. Ankara is my hometown :).I really want it. Please give me item number or something like that for help to find it.I am going to check all home goods and tjmaxx in my area tomorrow. I hope I am going to find the chair.
    Thanks
    esrado@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete