[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Bird Craze

{Image from Anthropologie.com}

I have always liked and seen the graphic appeal of birds in fashion, jewelry and home decor, but I think it seems to be more prevalent these days. I bring this topic up, because it became a discussion that I had with a few friends a few days ago at a West Elm new store party preview that we went to in Lincoln Park.

In my wedding and my home, especially in my master bedroom (new pics in my next blog post), I have embraced the bird icon. I don't know what it is, but birds are visually interesting with their wing span, colors and variety of shape and style. They do have a mysterious and intriguing aura to them too, I think.

I went through an inventory of a few sites that I love to browse on and here's an array of images that I found that embrace the bird icon along with their natural environments and the not-so-natural ones, the birdcage. I would wear and/or embrace any one of these items in my home.

{Images from DesignPublic.com}

{Images from WestElm.com}

{Images from UrbanOutfitters.com and Anthropologie.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment