[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2010 Color Trend: Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise


I loooove the new color for the year! Last year was yellow and I was on trend with it for my wedding colors. And this year, it's Turquoise, and my home is on trend with it too! I do prefer the deeper Turquoise, however. Not surprisingly, I have to say I do have some Turquoise in my wardrobe too, and I can't get enough of it. The color reminds me of the tropical ocean with its blue-green qualities, and it's where I have always longed to be and live. The color couldn't have been described better than Pantone's press release, "Turquoise evokes thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a languorous, effective escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of well-being." To read the full article, click here.

I am already starting to see the Turquoise color being used in interior spaces; like the one below. I spotted this article on Apartment Therapy, and I had to re-post it since I love the color and the chairs too! I want to buy them for my breakfast table, but I will get a hold of myself and not do it since I already have decent chairs that aren't even a year old yet.

I have always admired the simple Danish style Wishbone chair designed by Hans J. Wegner, but I have now fallen head over heels for them with their new, fun shades. Carl Hansen & Son will be producing and releasing these new colors in May. Each chair will be $930 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment