[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Birds in the Master Boudoir

The previous post, "The Bird Craze", was truly inspired by the decor in our master bedroom. Birds are on my bed and dresser and soon to be on my walls. I am currently looking for vintage bird art too!

For our master bedroom, I kept the overall palette pretty neutral with shades of gray, white and brown. I did this because I really wanted my accent color "yellow" to really pop in the environment. Also for our bedroom, I wanted a very clean, airy feeling that didn't feel like a typical bedroom. I wanted the look to lean more on a posh, eclectic hotel so we always felt like we were on a vacation.

Previous owners – master bedroom:
Our home today! – master bedroom:
The airiness in the room was achieved by accentuating the height of the bedroom with long, dramatic, dark drapes hung practically from the ceiling to floor. And the overall room carried a very light palette from the light gray walls to the white linens, dresser and accessories which added to the clean, open feeling.

If you guys haven't noticed by now, I'm all about Mix'n Matching furniture and materials. I prefer not to have identical night stands. It adds more character and charm if you switch it up. I got the matching walnut nightstand that came with the Anders bed frame from Room and Board, but I have chosen to go with a more unique round, silver nightstand/side table from Chiasso. The set of two low, white dressers, frames and standing lamp are from CB2. The linens and pillow covers are from West Elm.

One more thing that I like to do is incorporate a hodgepodge of unique items that I loved into an original display like I did here on the dresser. I selected these items to go together, because of their range in height and their similarity in color – white and yellow accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment