[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Monday, June 20, 2011

DWC Work: Macias Imports Identity + Website

It's Monday and gloomy, and it doesn't look like a great week for June weather; however, I have an exciting and colorful logo identity + branding and website project to share today! I presented the Macias Imports website concept to the client last week, and they loved it and were totally on board. I love it when the client sees the vision!

Macias Imports Inc is a family-owned business of Mexican dried spices and goods, and they came to me about a year ago to develop their new identity, business card and other collateral material. And recently, they came back to me to develop the face of their very first website. I was honored and excited to expand the look of their brand to the world wide web. I have only been working on the website for a month now, and it's still in concept phase as I build out and design the rest of the subpages, but at least you can get a glimpse of the progress that I have made thus far.

[Selected Logo + Business Card]

[Logo Concepts]

Like their logo and for the website, I wanted to embrace the warmth, textures and the Mexican culture while still keeping it clean and contemporary in design so the visual brand lasts over time.

On the Homepage, the main image rotates between three images so it's not so static. Between the motion of the images and the visually colorful graphics, it's simple but artfully done. The website is going to be all html, no flash, so it's easy for the user to view the website from a hand held smartphone or iPad.

[Homepage]
 
[Our Story - Subpage]

[Products - Subpage]
[Logo + Website Design ©2011 Design With Chon]

The Product page is definitely the most interactive but easily maneuverable for the user. When you rollover any of the products in the main image, on the righthand side, the product information pops up.

There is still a ton more work to do to finesse all the fine details of this website project, but at least the visual concept is done and approved by the client so I can begin talking to the programmer to get this website live and active! Stay tuned on the progress of this client project.

No comments:

Post a Comment