[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

DWC Work: Basement Renovations Cont.

It's "Interiorizing Thursday" + there has been progress on my end in determining the functionality and storage in our basement renovations. Between office supplies, miscellaneous media unit components, personal things and areas to hide potential future kid stuff, I want to maximize the space as much as possible while still maintaining a clean, modern aesthetic and easily liveable for all our demands. All I know is that I have to make some MAJOR decisions by the end of this week so we can submit our permit, get it approved and begin framing + start the build out!

Since my last post, I am pretty sure that I am moving forward with the navy blue sectional sofa below vs. the grey sofa. I think it's going to look great with the charcoal grey wallpaper that I have chosen. So far I have been lucky with some good finds. I bought (1) leather club chair on sale, and it looks exactly like the one pictured below. Grey patterned area rug + silver metal side accent table is done, too.

Now what shall I do for our main Entertainment Media Wall??
I have 3 visual options below for closed + open storage around the large flat panel tv (specifically requested by my husband). Behind each open shelving area, it's going to be painted a navy blue hue for contrast, and it will help showcase my fun accessories + art. Most of the basement will be covered in the charcoal grey wallpaper with navy blue accents and white shelving/storage units.

There is one layout that I really love – Option 2, because it allows for extra "pouf" seating storage below for when we have larger gatherings. Which one would you like to see applied to this space? Comments are always welcomed.

[Entertainment/Media Wall - Option 1]
[Entertainment Wall - Option 2]
[Entertainment Wall - Option 3]

For most of the basement furnishings, I am using a combination of prefabricated units to help offset costs; however, I am investing in one beautiful custom built piece, a wooden L-section desktop seen below. Hopefully, it will be in a solid Walnut finish to warm up the cool environment. At the moment, it does look like the desk unit is floating, because we are viewing it through a wall in my floorplan drawing. I can't wait to order + see these glass dew drop pendants in person and in the actual office space, too.

[Office + Living Entertainment Area]

NEXT STEPS:
  1. Finalize measurements, floor plan  + structural concerns
  2. Visually figure out the storage layout in my Art Studio
  3. And can't forget, time to purchase key items. Shopping time! :)
Also, stay tuned for real pics of the actual renovations. In my next post for the basement, I hope to have some to share to see the hard labor that goes into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment