[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Riddle me this? + Get 25% OFF

I love a well-designed business card. However, I feel there aren’t enough individuals + businesses out there who have a great card to represent their brand or industry of service well. Being the designer that I am, my aim is to Fill the World with Good Design, and I am willing to offer 25% off to the first person that can answer this printing technique question.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Question: In the Painter's business card below, what technique is that called where the word "PAINTER" is applied to the surface of the paper??

Hint: It's two words, and I have mentioned this technique before probably in an older post on my website. ;)

Client: Ovi Prunean  |  Design: James Prunean

You can either comment on this post, message me on Facebook or send me an email to designwithchon[at]gmail.com

The 25% off promo is only valid towards a "Business Card Refresh" design. Includes a free design consultation on how to improve your card and specialty printing techniques that can enhance the overall presentation. It does not include a logo redesign or printing + paper costs. It's transferable, but it will expire within 3 months once it is issued to a winner.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

To get you motivated and to see what your options are in "cool" business cards, take a gander at these fancy cards. Be aware... some of these business cards have multiple techniques used in combination with printing and have some extensive post production budgets. But any of this can be achieved if you are willing to invest a little more. Don't get me wrong you can get a nice "refreshed" biz card with 1 or 2 techniques.

I would mention all the different techniques used below, but I may use one of them as a question for another "Riddle me this?" blog post.

Client: Amelia Lyon  |  Design: Scott Windes, Friend or Foe

Client: Amelia Lyon  |  Design Credit: Scott Windes, Friend or Foe

Client: Student Concept  |  Design: Stacie Paul

Client: Impact Salon  |  Art Direction: Rachel Clemens
Design: Jennifer James Wright

Client + Design: V Communications

Client + Design: Sophie Gallo Design

No comments:

Post a Comment