[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Monday, August 30, 2010

DWC Work: Interior Decor Moodboards

So here's what I have been up to lately the past couple of months – decorating! It's one of my newest services to the Design With Chon company. Ever since I decorated my own home, I have received several compliments and requests by individuals for me to guide the look and feel of their homes. And today, I am sharing with you guys some of the moodboards that I have put together for my various clients, and I am still currently working on evolving their spaces. Real images of the actual places will be posted later in the year.

Although my background is in graphic design/advertising, there are design qualities that can be bridged between graphic design and interior decor – color, texture and balance. Those three key words that I just described truly reflect my design aesthetic. Whether it's the color of Pantone inks printed onto 100 lb. cover weight Strathmore paper for graphic design, or Benjamin Moore paints onto a wall contrasted by a bold, patterned fabric wing chair, both creative fields require an eye for color, texture, and making sure all the elements work & balance each other in totality.

Chic Condo in the City

Asian-inspired Master Bedroom

The Ecclectic Urban Home
{Interior Decor Moodboards designed by Chon}

I do love the very clean-edged, minimal & modern style similar to Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out on Bravo TV (A great show by the way. You all have to watch it!), but at the end of the day when I am done designing, I want the furniture, color, art and sentimental items to reflect the personality of the homeowner. Who doesn't love coming to a home that feels like it's totally theirs and not a page in a furniture catalog? I know I don't and if you don't either, get in touch with me anytime. We can take the existing furniture in your home in combination with some new key pieces, fresh paint, fun accessories and transform your place into something totally new. You will look forward to coming home even more and just sitting in your very own space. :)

If you like what you see and think I have talent, please support me by voting on my place that I have entered into the "The Selby in your Place" CB2 contest. Click on this link: Vote for Chon. It's real easy, and it takes only seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment