[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

DWC Work: Halloween 1st Birthday Invitation

It's Thursday, and usually the focus is on Interiors, but my basement renovations is on hold until the wallpaper arrives. So in the meantime, I thought I would share some invitation projects that have been completed and printed. This is a short + sweet post for a 1st birthday invitation that I recently designed for a client friend. I essentially had free reign to do what ever I wanted as long as it embraced Halloween and still catered to little kids. This is isn't the normal parameter for most design projects that I receive from clients, and when I do get an opportunity like this, I really look forward to designing it.

This 1st birthday invitation is for a boy so it required masculine colors which worked well with the Halloween theme. Being a themed invite, I didn't want to go overboard with it being gruesome/scary and wanted a "cuteness" factor, because this is a party geared towards little kiddies ranging in ages from 1 to 5 yrs old. And the perfect visual solution that also happens to be on trend with the season are owls. In interior retail stores like West Elm, I see owl designs all over. However for this invite design, I made the owl a baby with big, white googly eyes on an overly rounded body.



In the background, I created a custom pattern with different sized googly eyes repeated, and layered it on a textural, brushed background to add another visual layer of interest. Isn't this baby owl so adorable!? I just want to pinch his cheeks. :)

[Illustration + Invitation ©2011Design With Chon]

The Halloween owl theme doesn't just stop at the invite. I love connecting the invite theme to the actual party event, too. In addition to the invitation, I provided the client with some creative insight on how to bring the owl theme to life. I found some great dessert ideas that I thought the kids would love. Check out the adorable + delish owl cupcake below. Also, I thought it would be fun to include candy bowls of eyeballs lying around. Obviously, these would be chocolate covered candies covered in a decorative eyeball foil. There are tons ideas out there, you just have to do a little research on how to be creative.



Any questions on custom invitation work or need help with ideas for your party, just inquire at designwithchon[at]gmail.com. Thanks for visiting + Happy Halloween even though its a bit early!

No comments:

Post a Comment