[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

DWC Work: Basement Renovations Cont.

It's a GO! Permit has been approved + things are about to get dirty. The husband and I cleaned out the basement, some items went to the Salvation Army, and now I need to get rid of the darn weight bench that you see in our future "Office Area". I thought it would be fun to document the whole process of the basement remodeling. So here are initial pics of the basement as it exists currently. Bare, raw + ugly. Looking forward to what it will be in a month!

[Art Studio Room - Currently]

Since my April blog post, I decided to change up a few details for my Art Studio. I wanted to really push the envelope in contrasting patterns. Plus, as I was hunting for my grasscloth wallpaper that is covering most of the walls in the living/office area, I found this fabulous Johnathan Adler-like print. You can see it below in the geometric, chain link design in grey. Before I called the Art Studio Room "Barnyard Funk", but it is now "Industrial Chic". I swapped out the whitewashed wood finished with a soft yellow beech wood tone, kept the industrial pendant lamp, brought in more industrial exposed metal in the shelving/desk legs, and pulled out the bold accent color into a few more furnishings and a splash of it on one wall, too.

[Art Studio Room - Moodboard]

[Art Studio Room - Diagrams]
And here's the rest of the basement unfinished...

[Living/Entertainment Area]

[Office Area]

Again. A reminder. Weight bench above is for sale — best offer! You have to pick it up, of course. In the NW burbs of Chicago. Email me at designwithchon[at]gmail.com if you're interested + share it with anyone you might know who wants to buff up for the beaches this summer. I will be putting it on Craigslist shortly.

[Storage/Utility Room]
Once the 2x4s are up and drywall is in place, you won't be seeing the storage/utility space directly like you see it in the above pic. It will all be hidden and tons of extra space for storage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment