[ Visit the New Website to see current design work and to reach Chon for services. ]

Design With Chon (DWC) – a boutique design studio with defined niches in (1) visual communication, (2) event design and (3) interiors. Each of these industries are huge in themselves, but DWC’s goal is to achieve good design in all its various forms, whether it’s from the branding of your business to saying “I do” to transforming interiors. Let me, “Chon," be your personal design consultant + stylist for your business, wedding or home. A balanced environment makes you feel good, and I am here to inspire your surroundings.

Friday, May 20, 2011

The World is Full of Typography

Friday is quite possibly my favorite day of the week for two reasons. Not only because it signifies the end of the week, and the beginning of the weekend, but I do enjoy blogging on my Friday topic, "Bridging Design Friday". I get to find, share + focus on all three design facets that I love to do.

I was going to share this "Bridging Design Friday" topic last week, but couldn't manage to get all the research and images collaged together in time. So today's topic is "The World is Full of Typography + I love it!"

Most of us don't realize how much of our life is surrounded with type on a daily basis. It may be as mundane as an email, a text, instruction manual or traffic signage. And there is the creative type, too; a treatment on a package design that sits on a shelf that is calling out to you to "buy it". Either way, we need type otherwise we wouldn't be able to go about our daily routines, and there would be true chaos. Typography will always be around, it's a necessity of life, and I am celebrating it today by bridging it between business, private events + interiors. See what typography does for us + why I choose to embrace it in my own designs whether on paper or in a visual environment.

[Business]
Whiskey Label + Business Cards via Blush Publishing

[Wedding]
Illustrated Silhouette + Type Invite via Rudi De Wit
Card Signage Event Day Collateral via Design With Chon
Black + Grey Type Only Invite via Invitation Crush
Blind Deboss Invite - Source Unknown

[Interiors]
I have this exact teal colored Chicago Neighborhood Poster (above) in my home + love it. It's in my front entry hallway. Love Ork Posters + it has other major cities, too. Do check them out to adorn your wall for home or office. 

Sculptural Cast Metal Letters via Restoration Hardware
"Chicago" Neighborhood Typographic Poster via Ork Posters
Wood Block Letter Wallpaper via Wall and Deco
Customized Black + White Typographic Wall Covering via Mr. Perswall

No comments:

Post a Comment